Tilray Sirius is making its mark internationally, most recently becoming available in Polish pharmacies. The strain features a unique terpene profile with elements like caryophyllene and limonene, which contribute to its aroma and health benefits, along with a high THC content of around 18% and low CBD content below 1%, making it well known for pain relief and stress management.
In Polish pharmacies, the famed cannabis strain, Tilray Sirius, is arriving. Tilray Sirius is a hybrid strain, 60% Indica and 40% Sativa in composition. It likely originates from the areas of Northern California and Afghanistan.
Although the medicine goes by the name “Tilray Sirius,” its original strain is Alien Dawg. Alien Dawg was initially created by crossing Alien Technology and Chemdawg strains, from which it derives its name.
For more news like this, download our free cannabis news app.
Tilray Sirius Terpene Profile and Vaporization Temperatures
The terpene profile of the Tilray Sirius strain includes several key terpenes affecting its aroma and effects. Here is a description of these terpenes and their vaporization temperatures:
- Caryophyllene (21.96%) – This terpene has an earthy and peppery aroma. It has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, which may help relieve pain. The vaporization temperature of caryophyllene is around 129°C – 133°C.
- Limonene (18.29%) – Limonene has a lemony aroma and is known for its antidepressant and anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps improve mood. The vaporization temperature of limonene is around 176°C – 178°C.
- Myrcene (17.07%) – This terpene has an earthy aroma and is commonly found in strains of cannabis with calming and relaxing effects. It helps combat stress and insomnia. The vaporization temperature of myrcene is around 166°C – 168°C.
- Nerolidol (17.07%) – Nerolidol has a delicate, floral scent and exhibits antibacterial and antiparasitic properties. It aids in muscle relaxation and may assist in combating insomnia. The vaporization temperature of nerolidol is around 157°C – 164°C.
- Pinene (9.27%) – Pinene has a piney aroma and is known for its antibacterial and antiviral properties. It helps improve concentration and memory. The vaporization temperature of pinene is around 155°C – 157°C.
These terpenes work together to create a unique terpene profile for the Tilray Sirius strain. However, it’s essential to remember that different terpenes have different vaporization temperatures, meaning you can tailor your vaporization experience by controlling the heating temperature. This allows for better extraction of specific terpenes and their health benefits.
Tilray Sirius Strain Characteristics
The terpenes impart to Tilray Sirius distinctive aromas that include notes of:
Tilray Sirius Ratings
- The intensity of the aroma for this strain is rated at 2.5/5, indicating a moderately expressive scent.
- The size of Tilray Sirius flowers is average, rated at 3/5, making them easy to handle and store.
- The density of trichomes, the tiny crystals on the flower surface, is rated at 3/5, indicating the presence of these valuable compounds.
- The flower structure is both dense and light, meaning they are solid yet feel light in hand.
Effects and Appropriate Usage
Tilray Sirius is particularly suitable for evening use due to its strong sedative effects, which often induce a feeling of relaxation and drowsiness. Despite these sedative effects, Tilray Sirius can also improve mood, even with low consumption, allowing for a relaxing and enjoyable experience.
Tilray Sirius Health Benefits and Precautions
The main benefits of medical cannabis from the Tilray Sirius strain include pain relief, aid in stress and insomnia management, and reduction of inflammatory states. It also acts as a natural anti-inflammatory agent. However, keep in mind that it has a low CBD content, below 1%, and a high THC level, around 18%, making it quite potent.
Tilray Sirius can help people suffering from chronic pain, stress, depression, eating disorders, and insomnia. However, it’s crucial to remember the possible side effects, such as dry mouth, dry eyes, paranoia, anxiety, and dizziness. Therefore, it’s essential to use this strain moderately and under appropriate conditions. Novice consumers should start with low doses to avoid potential adverse effects.
Weighing the Options
In summary, Tilray Sirius is a new medical cannabis strain available in Polish pharmacies. It is a hybrid strain with strong sedative effects, which may help in pain relief, stress reduction, and mood enhancement. However, caution is advised due to its high THC content and possible side effects.
It’s also worth noting that Tilray supplies pharmacies with other strains, such as Jack Herer and Blueberry, are also available in pharmacies and should be considered.
DISCLAIMER: This article was written by a third-party contributor and does not reflect the opinion of Hemp.im, its management, staff, or its associates. Please review our disclaimer for more information.
This article may include forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements generally are identified by the words “believe,” “project,” “estimate,” “become,” “plan,” “will,” and similar expressions. These forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks as well as uncertainties, including those discussed in the following cautionary statements and elsewhere in this article and on this site. Although the company may believe that its expectations are based on reasonable assumptions, the actual results that the company may achieve may differ materially from any forward-looking statements, which reflect the opinions of the management of the company only as of the date hereof. Additionally, please make sure to read these important disclosures.
First published in Fakty Konopne, a third-party contributor translated and adapted the article from the original. In case of discrepancy, the original will prevail.
Although we made reasonable efforts to provide accurate translations, some parts may be incorrect. Hemp.im assumes no responsibility for errors, omissions or ambiguities in the translations provided on this website. Any person or entity relying on translated content does so at their own risk. Hemp.im is not responsible for losses caused by such reliance on the accuracy or reliability of translated information. If you wish to report an error or inaccuracy in the translation, we encourage you to contact us.