The pro-cannabis group of the Spanish political party, Podemos, is asking the government to give cannabis stores around Spain a chance and let them reopen during this time of crisis. The proposal of “Podemos Cannabico” would allow people who are using cannabis as a complementary treatment to their illness, to go to cannabis clubs and stores during the current state of emergency.
The pro-cannabis group “Podemos Cannabico” of the Podemos party proposes that cannabis clubs be opened during the pandemic or “Coronavirus State of Alert”.
The political formation “Podemos” supports the proposal of “Podemos Cannabico” that would allow patients to go to cannabis clubs during the state of alarm caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
If you want to know more about how Spain’s government is managing the cannabis sector during this time of crisis and to find out the latest cannabis news, download the Hemp.im mobile application.
Podemos Cannabico in favor of giving cannabis a chance during the crisis
“In these days of alarm, there are patients who don’t have where to purchase cannabis to treat their ailments and conditions. It’s not all beer and joints,” the party posted on its Twitter account.
In Spain, it is the Spanish Agency of Medicines and Health Products (AEMPS) that authorizes the cultivation of cannabis. There are only two medicines authorized by the Agency for Medicines for sale in pharmacies, the ones for patients suffering from multiple sclerosis or epilepsy.
The group Podemos Cannábico proposes that the clubs, where their members can consume cannabis, to be open and give service even in these circumstances of confinement. Many of their members need cannabis medicines and get their treatments from these associations.
“Podemos Cannabico” proposal to open Medical Cannabis Clubs and Associations during the State of Alarm, mentioned the following:
- Cannabis associations and clubs shall establish a secure dispensing counter with sanitizing elements and, if possible, protective partitions. The people in charge of dispensing the products to the club members, on the other hand, will take the same measures of self-protection that any other worker facing the public: mask, gloves, hygienizing gel. They will disinfect the areas where the members are received between one dispensation and another.
- The people in charge of dispensing cannabis products will only attend the club with previous appointments for which they will take registration, trying to establish a minimum separation of ten minutes between the appointments, to avoid the spatial coincidence of cannabis users.
- The persons in charge of dispensing will be able to dispense the cannabis products stipulated in the statutes of the association for the current month.
- Pre-appointments should be made the day before if possible and if the number of members allows it.
- It will not be allowed to stay at the headquarters beyond the time necessary for the dispensation and collection of cannabis products.
- It will not be allowed the coincidence of more than one user at the same time at the headquarters.
- Opening hours will always be justified by the number of previous appointments and will always be limited to the hours contemplated in the establishment’s municipal authorization.
How cannabis could help some patients during the quarantine
On the website of Podemos Cannábico there is information about some pathologies, which at present and due to the closure of these associations and clubs cannot be attended. For this reason, the political group is asking the government to take measures to allow dispensation. The opening of associations would also help to avoid the collapse of medical centers, in addition to putting this part of the population at risk, already suffering from the lack of regulation.
People suffering from Depression, Crohn’s Disease, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Chronic Stress, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS aka Lou Gehrig’s disease), Chronic Pain, Muscular Dystrophy, and Epilepsy, among others, are consuming cannabis-based medicines to alleviate their pains.
These diseases are part of the ailments that are currently treated with cannabis with some success, either at a curative or palliative level. Patients benefiting from this treatment and belonging to cannabis associations now suffer twice the effects of confinement.
The political group Podemos has always been in favor of a different type of open policy towards cannabis in Spain and, of course, towards the medical benefits it has.
DISCLAIMER: This article was written by a third party contributor and does not reflect the opinion of Hemp.im, its management, staff or its associates. Please review our disclaimer for more information.
This article may include forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements generally are identified by the words “believe,” “project,” “estimate,” “become,” “plan,” “will,” and similar expressions. These forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks as well as uncertainties, including those discussed in the following cautionary statements and elsewhere in this article and on this site. Although the Company may believe that its expectations are based on reasonable assumptions, the actual results that the Company may achieve may differ materially from any forward-looking statements, which reflect the opinions of the management of the Company only as of the date hereof. Additionally, please make sure to read these important disclosures.
First published in La Marihuana, a third-party contributor translated and adapted the article from the original. In case of discrepancy, the original will prevail.
Although we made reasonable efforts to provide accurate translations, some parts may be incorrect. Hemp.im assumes no responsibility for errors, omissions or ambiguities in the translations provided on this website. Any person or entity relying on translated content does so at their own risk. Hemp.im is not responsible for losses caused by such reliance on the accuracy or reliability of translated information. If you wish to report an error or inaccuracy in the translation, we encourage you to contact us.